Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Author Visit with Kate Messner

Grade Three students were invited to a google hangout today with author, Kate Messner thanks to We Are Teachers.  You may remember Kate from last year's global read aloud and her book Marty Mcguire. She is now writing a new series of books titled Ranger in Time.

Kate shared many tips for writers of all ages. It was fun seeing her rough drafts which are usually a scribble and  her large notes for developing a new story.


"My favorite author growing up was Beverley Cleary because I was just like Ramona."
"My editor sends me back helpful hints on ways to make her books better. I think of them as a gift."
"My ending always changes.  It's like my GPS~ Rerouting"


Watch the visit.
 photo MrsKlipfelsign.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment.