The students in Topsfield have access to the Google Read and Write feature.
The students in the Help Desk were the first to try it out.
To use Read&Write for Google:
- Open any Google Document and you will now see a pull down tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on that pull down tab and the Read&Write toolbar will appear.
- There are many features included with Read&Write for Google including word prediction, dictionary, highlighting, and more. The feature we will focus on is the text to speech tool.
- To have your document read to you simply click the Play button in the Read&Write toolbar. You can likewise use the Pause and Stop buttons as needed.
- If you only want certain text read, select the text first and then click the Play button.
- If you want to change the speed or accent of the voice, click the Settings button on the right of the Read&Write toolbar.