Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Some Things in Life Really Are Free

A few weeks ago I became a Twitter user. 
 
I met the librarian from Danvers Schools, Karen, at a conference a while back and she raved about how she finds so much useful information through twitter.  I wasn't quite sure what to make of this but I finally agreed to give it a try.  First, I followed Ms Strobl's Science Class.  That has been fun.  Then I added a few more people to follow.  It has been an entertaining adventure.
 
One night while looking through the twitter feed, I noticed that google chrome was giving away chromebooks.  For Free!  Anyone who knows me knows that I can't resist FREE items!  Ask my children.
In the teacher category there were 743 nominations.  I decided to nominate my daughter who teaches First Grade in Middleton.
 
This is the quote on the Google page:
" A+ teachers don’t just teach reading, writing, and arithmetic. They can open up kids’ horizons and even set them on their future life path. And that deserves more than a shiny red apple."
 
And guess what?  She was one of the lucky winners.  Her brand new in the box chromebook arrived on Friday! 
And yes, it was totally FREE. 
Thank you google chrome.
Have fun Miss Klipfel.
 
Winning pictures
 
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mrs. Klipfel for the nomination! I love my new Chromebook and of course I love it even more because it's free. Can't wait to see what else you find on twitter. xoxo Miss Klipfel

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.